We have missed you, library patrons! Dominy Memorial Library will begin a no-contact curbside pickup service starting next week as a way to assist our patrons in obtaining materials. In order to make this as efficient and safe as possible for you and our library staff, please abide by the following procedures:
- Please place your holds online via RSA Cat (preferred), or by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling (815-692-3231) the library and leaving a message by midnight on each Thursday of the week.
- Library staff will assemble your holds on Friday of each week and call you to notify that you may pick them up the next day (Saturday).
- If you have received a call for pickup, you may pick up your items between 10 AM-12 PM on Saturday of each week. Pull into a library spot out front (or stand on the curb if walking or biking), and call the library to let us know you are here. Library staff will then run your items out to the green bench out front. Please STAY IN YOUR CAR (or on the curb) until library staff is back in the building, then you may retrieve your items.
- Return your items to the book drop out front when ready to return. Items will be quarantined before being allowed to re-circulate. Due dates have been extended and fines will be waived for the length of our closure.
At this time, only available items at our library may be checked out, and only Dominy cardholders may checkout our items. Interlibrary loan and reciprocal borrowing are currently unavailable. The library is still closed to the public and all other services are currently suspended until further notice for health & safety reasons. We look forward to being back to full service (hopefully) soon! Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this unusual time!
- All scheduled programs are currently postponed and will be rescheduled and all community room reservations are cancelled until further notice.
- Due dates have been extended, and items do not need renewed until further notice. We encourage you to return items to the drop box or hold on to them until we re-open. (Overdue fines will not be charged during our closure.)
- We encourage you to utilize our digital resources, such as accessing ebooks & audiobooks through the apps Libby & Axis 360 & managing your patron account via the app RSAcat Mobile. View step-by-step tutorials on our Resources page to learn how to use these apps. Check out our new no-contact curbside pickup service as well!
We thank you for your patience during this difficult time! It’s our intention to do what’s best for our patrons to keep everyone safe and healthy!
To see what’s happening at the library,
view our monthly calendar on the Events page.
*All events are currently cancelled until further notice when we re-open!
Convenient, step-by-step tutorials are now available on our Resources page to learn how to use the various digital media tools the library offers!
If you are on the go, doing the dishes, or waiting in the doctor’s office, you might as well get some reading done by downloading Axis 360 to have access to ebooks and audiobooks! If you are wanting to browse the catalog or renew your books from afar, download RSA Cat Mobile! Both tutorials will walk you through the steps to utilize these apps.
Meeting rooms are available during or after-hours at Dominy Library. Reserve the White Community Room
or the Dominy Conference Room for your next gathering by calling the library at (815) 692-3231!